Monday, July 7, 2014

These Hemp Hearts Make a Yummy Salad Topping


Today I was in the mood for a salad. But when I have a salad, it's not just lettuce and cucumbers. I like my salad with lots of goodies, including strawberries, quinoa, low-fat cheese, and my special garlic dressing. (If you ask nicely, I might even give you my family recipe.) And my latest treat to sprinkle on my salad is Hemp Hearts (also known as hemp seed).

What's so great about Hemp Hearts? They are packed with nutrition, like Omegas 3 and 6, fiber, protein, and iron. They have a rich nutty flavor and a tender crunch. And a tablespoon is only 1 PointsPlus on Weight Watchers. You can sprinkle them on salad, cereal, and yogurt. Yum!

Note: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are O-U Kosher Pareve.

Photo © Mason Resnick/Lori's Earth Friendly Products

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts--leave a comment!